Earlier today on Facebook, I posted a “preview” of an encouragingly epic blog post that I had not yet written. I just spent three hours staring at my computer, failing to write anything encouragingly epic.
Instead of posting my confusing array of disordered thoughts, I’m just going to leave these questions here, because maybe sometimes asking uncomfortable questions is better than providing half-baked answers.
- What if Frodo refused to let Sam carry him those last agonizing steps to destroy the ring?
- What if Harry Potter decided that staying with the Dursleys was safer than becoming a wizard?
- What if Belle refused to see anything good in the Beast?
- What if Elsa could never accept herself and lived in fear forever?
- What if Katniss decided it would be better and easier for everyone if she just died as quickly as possible in the Hunger Games?